- 1 C cold water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 or 2 pitted Medjool dates, quartered
- 1/2 C frozen mixed berries (or one type)
- 1/2 C frozen pitted cherries (or additional berries)
- 3 to 6 medium basil leaves
- Combine water, lemon juice, and date(s) in a blender and run until opaque with only small bits of the dates visible. With the blender off, add berries, cherries, and basil, and blend at increasing speed until thick and smooth. Serve immediately. To keep the smoothie extra cold, serve over a couple ice cubes.
For a REALLY fun, 21+ party smoothie, you might replace a tablespoon or two of water with vodka or clear, chilled alcohol of your choosing. Note that alcohol of any kind is NOT allowed during the Whole 30 plan.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Beverage