Pre-made trail mix makes this chilly chocolate concoction a 3 ingredient wonder! Perfect for breakfast or a treat, it packs protein, healthy fat, and no added sugar, and it just so happens to be 100% plant based–love when that happens!
- 3/4 C chilled Almond Breeze unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 8 thick frozen banana slices, about 1 medium banana
- 1/2 C homemade or store bought trail mix, preferably a mix of dried fruit, chocolate, and unsaturated fats like coconut flakes, nuts, and seeds
- Pinch of sea salt (optional; omit if your trail mix already has salted nuts)
- 1 T unsweetened cacao powder (optional; for extra chocolate taste)
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed and blend until smooth. If using a Vitamix, the smoothie setting does a good job increasing the speed slowly. Otherwise, if you have variable speeds on your blender, start slow and gradually work your way up.
- Serve icy cold for breakfast or a healthy snack. Garnish with more trail mix or cocoa powder for extra fun.
See my green piña colada smoothie post for blender recommendations at all price points.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: Healthy